The Department of Building and Public Service provides a variety of services to our residents. The department’s responsibilities range from street and sewer repairs to snow and leaf removal, facility/grounds maintenance, as well as business licensing and permits.
Residential curbside refuse collection is provided by Republic Waste Services every Wednesday.
Refuse containers should be out after 4 p.m. on Tuesdays and by 7 a.m. on Wednesdays.
Empty cans must be removed from the tree lawn within twelve hours after pick-up and should be stored out of sight from the street.
2023 SPECIAL WASTE COLLECTION EVENTS
The City of Parma Heights will be hosting the following special waste collection events. These events are an excellent opportunity to dispose of your unwanted materials in an environmentally safe manner.
- All events will be held at the Parma Heights Service Garage in the Greenbrier Commons
- All events will be held from 9:00 a.m. to noon
- Proof of residency is required – for residential use only.
- Please see below for further details for each event.
- Please visit the city website: www.parmaheightsoh.gov or contact the Service Department at 440.884.9607 for additional information or questions on any event. Please also visit www.cuyahogarecycles.org for additional recycling opportunities and information.
Household Hazardous Waste Collection
Before you go, click here to see important information from the Cuyahoga County Solid Waste District!
- Saturday, May 13
- Saturday, July 22
- Saturday, October 28
Household Material Accepted:
Click here for Changes in the Procedure for Disposal of Fluorescent Bulbs & Rechargeable Batteries
- Oil or solvent-based paint, sealers, primers, or coatings (aerosols or liquids)
- Varnishes, polyurethanes, shellacs
- Paint thinner, mineral spirits, turpentine
- Pesticides, herbicides, fungicides
- Caustic household cleaners
- Pool Chemicals
- Automotive fluids, motor oil, car batteries
- Adhesives, roof tar, driveway sealer
- Kerosene, gasoline, lighter fluid
- Mercury, fluorescent bulbs
Materials NOT Accepted:
- Latex paint
- Disposal of Latex Paint – The Cuyahoga County Solid Waste District does not accept latex paint. Latex paint is comprised mostly of water and is not a hazardous material. To dispose of latex paint, solidify and place in your curbside trash. This can be done by placing cat litter or sand in the can and leaving the lid off until the paint dries. Dried out paint and/or empty paint cans are not hazardous and should be placed in the regular rubbish.
- Explosives, gun powder, ammunition, flares
- Medical Waste •
- Pharmaceuticals, medicine, sharps
- Radioactive waste (i.e. smoke detectors)
- Electronics, Appliances
Recycle Your Computer Events
- Saturday, June 10
- Saturday, October 14
Residents can recycle unwanted home computer equipment includes CPU’s, monitors, keyboards, mice, printers, terminals, modems, cables, software, and ink printer cartridges. Cell phones and their accessories are also accepted. **Televisions are not accepted at this event. Retailers and local companies do offer recycling services for these items. There is no ban on placing televisions and electronics in the local trash.
Community Shred Event – Please limit to 2 boxes per family.
- Saturday, April 22
- Saturday, September 23
Scrap Tire Collection
- Saturday, September 9
Residents may drop off residential passenger tires. No tires with rims greater than 20 inches will be accepted. Tires must be off rims.
Campaign Sign Recycling
- Saturday, November 11
Both the sign and the holder can be recycled.
Holiday Lights Recycling
Strings of lights, electrical cords and power strips
- Saturday, January 28
Christmas Tree Recycling
Republic Waste will provide curbside collection of Christmas Trees for composting on:
- Thursday, January 5 and Wednesday January 11
Trees in bags will not be accepted and all ornaments should be removed. Trees placed out for collection after these dates will not be collected.
2023 Bulk Collection
Third FULL week of the Month
January 18, 2023
February 22, 2023
March 22, 2023
April 19, 2023
May 17, 2023
June 21, 2023
July 19, 2023
August 23, 2023
September 20, 2023
October 18, 2023
November 22, 2023
December 20, 2023
WEEKEND EXCESS REFUSE
2nd & 4th Saturdays of every month
9 a.m. – Noon
Parma Heights Service Garage in the Greenbrier Commons.
Proof of residency is required.
Residents are asked to please limit drop-offs to regular household garbage.
Construction material, tires or hazardous waste items will NOT be accepted during these regular Saturday drop-offs.
Helpful Recycling Hints:
River Valley Paper “Spring into Action”
River Valley Paper Bins
Located at the following locations in Parma Heights:
- American Legion Parma Heights -7767 York Road
- Parma Heights Baptist Church & School- 8971 West Ridgewood Road
- Parma South Presbyterian Church – 6155 Pearl Road
- Valley Forge High School- 9999 Independence Blvd.
- Holy Name High School- 6000 Queens Hwy
- Parma Park Elementary- 6800 Commonwealth Blvd.
- Sisters of the Incarnate Word- 6618 Pearl Road
ATTENTION: BUSINESS OWNERS!
Did you know that Recycling can save you money?
The Cuyahoga County Solid Waste District offers free seminars to show you how.
Thinking of Opening A Business?
Call us at 440.884.9607 – before you sign a lease – for everything you need to know!
Robert P. Sepik,
Public Service Director
Public Works Coordinator
Service Department Contacts:
Email: [email protected]
Parma Heights City Hall
6281 Pearl Road
Parma Heights, OH 44130
CURRENT BID NOTICES
No current bid notices
NOPEC (Northeast Ohio Public Energy Council)
Electric and Gas
COMPARE RATES WITH ALLCONNECT:
The Illuminating Company
Cleveland Water Dept./Sewer
Cox Communications (Cable)
WASTE AND RECYCLING COLLECTION
Household Waste and Recycling Collection is an automated service. New residents must call for garbage & recycle cans (if none are at the home)
Republic Waste Services
City of Parma Heights
City of Parma Heights
6281 Pearl Road
Parma Heights, Ohio 44130
Monday - Friday
9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.