Domestic Violence/Abuse

Domestic Violence/Abuse

Domestic Violence/Abuse can happen to anyone and it can include physical abuse, emotional abuse, threats or intimidation, or financial abuse. Domestic violence can happen with your spouse, a family member, a household member, your live-in partner, or a person you share a child in common with. Domestic violence is a crime. If domestic violence happens to you, call the police.

Warnings Signs of Domestic Violence

Below are some early warning signs you may be in an abusive relationship, according to The National Domestic Violence HOTLINE.

What to do if Domestic Violence Happens

If domestic violence happens to you, the first thing you should do is call the police immediately. The police will gain an understanding of what occurred. If a crime has occurred, the police will make an arrest. The police will offer the victim resources to get help and even offer a temporary protection order to the victim. The police will be able to answer and explain the process, should they make an arrest. If no crime occurred, the police will help you on a possible solution.

More resources

Domestic Violence Relations Court 

Phone: 216.698.8529

Domestic Violence Hotline/Domestic Violence and Child Advocacy Center

216.229.2420 or 216.391.HELP (4357) for 24-hour help

City of Parma Heights | 6281 Pearl Road | Parma Heights, OH 44130 | 440-884-9600 | Contact & Directions

Sitemap | Disclaimer, Privacy, Security Policy