Board of Zoning Appeals
The Parma Heights Board of Zoning Appeals has been established by provision of our city charter, in accordance with the constitution of the State of Ohio.
Contact: Board of Zoning Appeals Secretary Suzanne Hibler
Upcoming Scheduled 2021 Meetings (all meetings are held on Mondays).
Please Note: Depending on submissions, scheduled meetings may not be held: check with the Planning Commission by calling 440.884.9607
- September 27 (final submission date September 10) Will be held.
- October 25 (final submission date October 8)
- November 22 (final submission date November 5)
- December 27 (final submission date December 10)
- Consist of five (5) members, who are appointed by the mayor with the approval of a majority of city council members. They cannot hold other municipal office or appointment. Members serve for three (3) years.
- It takes 3 to 4 weeks to set up a meeting after all the information has been submitted.
- Meetings will be held at Parma Heights City Hall, 6281 Pearl Road at 6:00 p.m.
- Applicant will supply a letter of hardship stating why the variance is necessary.
- Applicant will also supply ten (10) sets of the entire packet. Your packet will consist of complete drawings with all necessary measurements, a plot plan, and any other information required for your variance along with the letter of hardship and completed application.
- A fee of Seventy Five Dollars ($75.00) shall accompany the packet. Make check made payable to The City of Parma Heights or exact cash.
- Applicant will be notified by mail as to the date of meeting.
- Surrounding property owners will also be notified of the meeting and are welcome to attend. This is a public meeting.
- The applicant is responsible to supply exhibits and evidence to the board at the scheduled meeting.