2017 SPECIAL WASTE COLLECTION EVENTS
The City of Parma Heights will be hosting the following special waste collection events. These events are an excellent opportunity to dispose of your unwanted materials in an environmentally safe manner.
- All events will be held at the Parma Heights Service Garage in the Greenbrier Commons
- All events will be held from 9:00 a.m. to noon
- Proof of residency is required - for residential use only.
- Please see below for further details for each event.
- Please visit the city website: www.parmaheightsoh.gov or contact the Service Department at 440.884.9607 for additional information or questions on any event. Please also visit www.cuyahogarecycles.org for additional recycling opportunities and information.
Household Hazardous Waste Collection
- Saturday, February 11
- Saturday, May 13
- Saturday, July 8
- Saturday, November 25
Household Material Accepted:
Click here for Changes in the Procedure for Disposal of Fluorescent Bulbs & Rechargeable Batteries
- Oil or solvent-based paint, sealers, primers, or coatings (aerosols or liquids)
- Varnishes, polyurethanes, shellacs
- Paint thinner, mineral spirits, turpentine
- Pesticides, herbicides, fungicides
- Caustic household cleaners
- Pool Chemicals
- Automotive fluids, motor oil, car batteries
- Adhesives, roof tar, driveway sealer
- Kerosene, gasoline, lighter fluid
- Mercury, fluorescent bulbs
Materials NOT Accepted:
- Latex paint
- Disposal of Latex Paint - The Cuyahoga County Solid Waste District does not accept latex paint. Latex paint is comprised mostly of water and is not a hazardous material. To dispose of latex paint, solidify and place in your curbside trash. This can be done by placing cat litter or sand in the can and leaving the lid off until the paint dries. Dried out paint and/or empty paint cans are not hazardous and should be placed in the regular rubbish.
- Explosives, gun powder, ammunition, flares
- Medical Waste
- Pharmaceuticals, medicine, sharps
- Radioactive waste (i.e. smoke detectors)
- Electronics, Appliances
Recycle Your Computer Events
- Saturday, April 8
- Saturday, August 26
Residents can recycle unwanted home computer equipment includes CPU’s, monitors, keyboards, mice, printers, terminals, modems, cables, software, and ink printer cartridges. Cell phones and their accessories are also accepted. **Televisions are not accepted at this event. Retailers and local companies do offer recycling services for these items. There is no ban on placing televisions and electronics in the local trash.
Community Shred Event - Please limit to 2 boxes per family.
- Saturday, May 13
- Saturday, July 22
- Saturday, November 4
Scrap Tire Collection
- Saturday, September 9
- Saturday, September 23
Residents may drop off residential passenger tires. No tires with rims greater than 20 inches will be accepted. Tires must be off rims.
Holiday Lights Recycling
Strings of lights, electrical cords and power strips
Saturday, January 13, 2018
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Christmas Tree Recycling
Republic Waste will provide curbside collection
of Christmas Trees for composting on:
Thursday, January 4, 2018, (refuse collection delayed this week)
and Wednesday, January 10, 2018
Trees in bags will not be accepted and all ornaments should be removed.
Trees placed out for collection after these dates will not be collected.