Leaf Collection begins each year after a substantial amount of leaves have fallen. The city website will be updated frequently with information regarding leaf pick up. Residents may also feel free to contact the Service Department at 440 884-9607 if they have any questions.
- Crews will move very quickly the first few weeks as the volume of leaves is typically light.
Signs will be posted in your neighborhood notifying that pick up should occur within the next week. Once the signs have been posted indicating leaf pick up in your area, please have your leaves brought to the curb in a timely fashion . Although it is our intent that leaf removal will occur sometime during the week following sign posting, we ask for your patience in the event that unforeseen problems, such as breakdowns or weather events, delay the leaf removal process.
Leaf Collection Guidelines:
Please remember that you are NOT permitted to put leaves in the street or on ANY cul-de-sac in the city. Our workers are instructed NOT to pick up leaves that are piled in the street. Any person piling leaves in the street is violating City Ordinance 965.08 Rules and Regulations. Violation of this Ordinance could result in a citation. In addition, leaves that are mixed with grass, sticks, and other debris will not be picked up as these items will cause damage to the equipment used for leaf pick up.
Leaves may also be placed out for pickup by Republic Services Yard Waste crews until November 25th. These leaves must be placed either in a can marked "YARD WASTE" or bagged in brown paper yard waste bags. The leaves will be removed by Republic Services and taken to a composting facility.
- All leaves should be raked in a row within three (3) feet of the street pavement edge. This allows for the most efficient collection.
- Leaves that are placed out in plastic bags will NOT be accepted by either Republic Services or the City of Parma Heights crews.
- Please be aware that crews cannot return or back-track once a street has been completed. Leaves will be picked up during the next cycle or may be bagged and placed out for trash collection.
- Take care to keep leaves away from fire hydrants and storm drains as much as possible.
- Crews WILL NOT collect leaves around a parked vehicle. Please make arrangements to ensure that vehicles are parked in another location when crews are in the area to ensure that your leaves are not skipped.
- The Service Department strives to pick up as many leaves a possible before snowfall. Your cooperation and understanding are greatly appreciated.
The Service Department strives to pick up as many leaves as possible before snowfall. City crews will not return in the spring to collect leaves. Any leaves you may have from spring clean-up may be placed out for collection with your yard waste through November, 2017.